Planning a family vacation can be challenging, especially when you want to get the most value for your money and be sure everyone is going to be happy. Let’s be honest, between getting time off from work, the planning of it and saving for it, you want to choose wisely and be confident that your family vacation will be worthwhile, memorable and fun.
Elementary Connections asked Janellen Carney from Cruise Planners for her expert take on why a cruise could be perfect for your family vacation.
Why a cruise is perfect for you family!
1. Fun for the whole family. From tots to teens to grandparents, there is something for everyone. Children can have fun on the water slides and attractions, or in the kids’ clubs while mom and dad relax by the pool. With larger family groups, people can choose to do different shore excursions during the day and then all meet up back on board for dinner.
2. It’s a floating hotel. Travel from port to port without having to carry your suitcases from city to city and unpack each night. The best part is you can tour all day, have fun on board and wake up the next day in a new country!
3. It’s practically all-inclusive! Your upfront cruise fare includes:
- Delicious meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Most cruise lines include room service. Sometimes if you book early, you can receive a free beverage package.
- Fabulous entertainment – Broadway-style production shows, comedy acts, live bands, dance classes, cooking classes, and more.
- Cozy accommodations – Choose from balcony staterooms, suites, family-friendly rooms, and ocean view staterooms.
4. It’s More Affordable Than You Thought. The major cruise lines are always offering special promotions, and the earlier you book, the better your chances are of getting the best locations and rooms on the ship for you and your family. Sometimes some cruise lines offer buy one get the 2nd person at 50% off, or kids sail free. Prices vary based on the Cruise Lines, ships, sail dates and room type and location. October is National Plan a Cruise Month so it is an especially good time to check our rates.
5. Relax…or do it all! Pamper yourself at the spa, shop the duty-free boutiques or try your luck in the casino. If you’re the active type, workout at the gym or take a workout class like Zumba, Pilates or Yoga. Sip daiquiris by the pool, join in a wine tasting with a sommelier, sing karaoke or just read a book on your balcony. The possibilities are endless and both you and your kids will have fun.
If you’d like to learn more, Janellen Carney would be happy to answer your questions and help find a cruise that’s right for you. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-399-5333, www.classiccruiseplanners.com