- Make Lasting Friendships – Without the pressures of the social expectations surrounding children at school, camp allows kids to relax and make friends easily. The unique opportunity that camp provides allows children to become more socially confident. Camp draws children together. Camp creates friendships.
- Unplug From Technology – Camp allows children the opportunity to take a break from cell phones, television and the internet and help them rediscover their creative powers and engage in the real world. Camp encourages children to encounter real people, participating in real activities that offer the socialization that they will need to be successful. Camp is real.
- Confidence Boost – Camp encourages children to “put themselves out there” and helps them realize just how capable they are to learn and grow. The camp environment is a safe and comfortable place where children can be who they are. Camp removes the academic, athletic and social competition that is prevalent during their lives at school. Camp provides diverse opportunities for children to succeed which helps build self-confidence and self-esteem. Camp is good for the soul.
- Develop Independence – Without the guidance of parents and teachers, children are able to manage their own choices in a safe and caring environment. These decisions allow for children to blossom in new directions. Camp helps children develop who they are.
- Gain Resiliency – Camp provides a great environment for children to try new things and see that improvement incurs when you keep trying. Camp encourages children to have a growth mindset and teaches the power of the word, “yet.” Camp helps overcome fears.
- Instills Leadership and Social Skills – Camp is a close-knit community where everyone must agree to cooperate and respect one another. Campers are less likely to be affected by peer pressure and more likely to set the pace for others. Campers learn the importance of sincere and open communication in order to resolve conflicts. Camp encourages teamwork.
- Skill Development – Camp provides the proper instruction, equipment and facilities to strengthen sports abilities, artistic talents and adventure skills. Through these offering children are able to discover and develop personal interests and life-long passions. Camp broadens horizons.
- Connect with Nature – Children today spend much less time outdoors causing a “nature deficit,” which in turn results in a wide range of behavioral problems. Camp reconnects children with the natural world around them and helps support healthy child development. Camp gets children back outside.
- Physical Activity – Without technologies holding them back, children are able to spend their days running, jumping, swimming, climbing and dancing. Camp gets children moving.
- Free Time for Unstructured Play – Our daily lives are filled with overly-structured, overly-scheduled routines of home and school. Camp allows children the time to relax, be silly and just be kids. Camp is fun.
Need more convincing on the gift of camp?
Follow the link to see what the psychological aspects of camp are: https://www.acacamps.org/press-room/benefits-of-camp/psychological-aspects
How can you give the gift today?
Enroll now to give your child or grandchild the opportunity of a lifetime. Follow the link below to begin the process and don’t hesitate to reach out and speak to one of our camp specialists. Call 215-822-6313 or E-mail email@example.com